We would like to welcome all parents, carers and children to our year group and we hope you enjoy the year with us. We have an exciting time ahead in terms 3 and 4 including Volcanoes, Rocks and Greek Gods.
The children are all now fully settled – thank you for your support. Please continue to enjoy quality time with your child at home by reading with them each day and adding a comment in their reading record – this really does help! Also, please support your child with their times table challenges to help them learn their tables and earn their badges!
We have made a couple of changes for this term, including;
- PE with our Dance teacher Mrs Porter will be a Tuesday - please wear PE kits. Children should also wear their kits on a Wednesday
- Homework is now going to be completed online via our learning platform – Purplemash – Monday is maths homework and Wednesday English. All children have their logins
- iPads should in every day fully charged. Please do not delete any school apps.
- Times table challenge will take place on a Wednesday afternoon. Please see the booklet that was sent home with your child.
- Times Table Rock Stars has also been introduced to the children as a fun way to help them learn their tables. Please support them with this.
Dates for your diary
Mental health week – week commencing the 7th February.
Any questions or queries, please do ask the class teacher – we are at the classroom door at the end of every day and are happy to talk to you.
Year 3 Team
3W – Mr Williams TA – Mrs Gaylor
3BH – Mrs Bruna and Mrs Healy TA – Miss Epps
3S – Miss Spickett TA – Mrs Perkins